The 100th Civil Procedure Rules update comes into force on 1 October 2018 or 01 January 2019 and incorporates changes made by the Civil Procedure (Amendment No 3) Rules 2018 SI2018/975. What happened to the 99th update? It was revoked just after it has seen the light of day.
- See http://www.breakinglaw.co.uk/2018/09/eviction-u-turn-update.html as to abolition of need to apply for permission to obtain a warrant of possession for breach of a monetary condition attached to a suspended order. In force on 01 October 2018.
- Confirmation of the principle that the Welsh language has official status in Wales and that the language may be used in legal proceedings there. An unnumbered practice direction on the subject is substituted. In force on 01 October 2018.
- Introduction of a two-year disclosure pilot in the Business and Property Courts which is aimed at speeding up litigation there and making disclosure more proportionate to the issues involved in cases. There's a new practice direction PD51U. In force on 01 January 2019.
- Extension of the electronic working pilot scheme to the Queen's Bench Division of the High Court. Practice direction PD51O is substituted. In force on 01 January 2019.
- Clarification that district judges have jurisdiction to hear committal proceedings for breach of an anti-social behaviour injection without prior consent of a designated civil judge. In force on 01 October 2018.
Don't get too excited.